Step-By-Step Installation Procedures
- Using a Fortress spacing chart for intervals, determine placement for straps, as well as top and bottom anchors.
- Grind the wall where the strap and anchors will be placed, top to floor.
- Using the bottom anchor jig, drill holes for the bottom anchor legs. Be sure to test fit to confirm holes are deep enough, and at correct angle so bottom anchor will touch wall when legs are inserted.
- Remove bottom anchor and set aside.
- Clean dust from wall and bottom anchor leg holes.
- Using the top anchor jig, drill fastener holes in rim joist.
- Insert the 4 hanger lags, placing the top bracket on hanger lags with nuts only slightly engaged.
- Install carbon Kevlar strap to wall following established procedures.
- Apply epoxy to top anchor and affix to carbon strap. Place heat lamps to top anchors to facilitate curing (approximately 1 hour).
- While top anchor is curing, install bottom anchor.
- Apply epoxy to drilled holes and legs of anchor, as well as the back side of anchor. Insert bottom anchor fully and press firmly against wall.
- After top anchor epoxy has cured with heat lamps fasteners are finger tightened plus two additional turns with a wrench.